menu   Home About Me Contact Me  

The Sisters in Hawaii!

This past Saturday I got the opportunity to listen to The Sisters with some of my Hawaiian blogger friends.  Gail and Joan were so kind to take a picture with us, and we felt like we were with celebrities!

From left to right: Gail, Courtney from Teaching in Paradise, Tonya from Tonya's Treats for Teachers, Corinna from Surfin' Through Second, Nicole from Teaching With Style, me, and Joan.

It was AMAZING and so INSPIRING!  I had read both the Daily 5 and CAFE books a few years ago, but it was so much better to hear them speaking in person.  If you're not familiar with The Sisters, you can read more about them, the Daily 5 and CAFE {here}.

They shared some really great information that any teacher in any grade can use and implement in their classrooms.  The focus of this conference was on using CAFE in the classroom.

There was a TON of information shared, and I took LOTS of notes!  During the next few days, I'm going to share with you guys some of the more important things I took from listening to The Sisters.  Some of the things they said, really impacted me as a special education teacher.  They brought up some really great points that I hadn't thought of before but made perfect sense!

So this is going to be a short blog post for today, but I'll be back later this week with more info and stuff I learned!  For now, I want to leave you with this quote:

"If we continue what we've always been doing, we'll get the same results."

And now isn't that the truth?

2 comments:

  1. I loved loved loved meeting The Sisters and spending time with you! Can't wait to read your later posts and compare notes! :)
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin