I'm linking up with Rowdy in First Grade for some teacher confessions.
1. I'm secretly thankful that my daughter was sick and I needed to stay home with her today. Does this make me a bad mother?
2. Although giving the 27-page end-of-the-year math test is PAINFUL with my students, I'm relieved that I don't have to plan for math for at least a week.
3. I've written an entire IEP the day of the meeting. Maybe several times....
4. I hate home projects and have done several of my own kids this year just to get them over with.
5. I am seriously burned out right now. Teaching, blogging, and TpT have become a huge chore that I just don't want to tackle right now.
6. I cancelled our weekly fluency and spelling this week due to end-of-the-year testing and that made me super happy.
7. I actually despise assigning, collecting, and checking homework. I'm constantly debating whether homework is useful or not.
8. I started the end-of-the-year countdown two months ago. 16 teaching days left!
9. It's really sad how one person can completely make a job miserable. :(
10. Reading to my students is one of my favorite parts of the day.