Another Friday means one more week closer to Spring Break! 10 teaching days left for me. How long till spring break for you?
1. My husband's CO is from Louisiana and has an annual crawfish boil every year. Did you know you could get crawfish shipped to Hawaii?
2. My kiddos NEED some help with drawing! I bought Mrs. Miner's Draw It Now! pack a few weeks ago. I never actually used it and figured I need to use this. As you can see from my student's first page, even drawing a kite with step-by-step instructions from the teacher is hard. But look how good his last drawing turned out! I was super proud of him. I am going to make time to do this every week from now on.
3. We've continued to work on identifying setting and main character using graphic organizers from my Story Elements unit. As you can see, we still need some work on main character since my student though the cat was the main character from The Little Red Hen. :/
4. I love Deedee Willis' Read, Trace, Glue, and Draw sentences. Winter isn't really a familiar topic to my Hawaiian students, but I already had this. I figured I'd go with it. My student drew a picture of Santa's sled to go with his sentence. LOL! I guess in Hawaii that's the only sled they know. I really should buy her St. Patricks Day sentences!
5. I'll leave you with a pic of what I see on my drive home from work. Beautiful!
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!