It's my favorite time of the month! I love Oh' Boy 4th Grade's monthly Currently! The move had me without internet for a few days, so I was so disappointed that I couldn't do January's right away.
So here's the update on the big Hawaiian move. We've been here 3 weeks now. The place is BEAUTIFUL! Right now is the rainy season so it has been raining a good bit. But this is not a bad way to spend winter, at all!
So here's the bulleted update of how we're doing:
1. We moved out of temporary lodging today into a rental house today. The wait for base housing is 5-9 months. We were so fortunate to find a house that will let us rent month-to-month AND let us have our dog.
2. Our dog is still in doggie jail (aka the kennel) but hopefully we'll be setting her free in the next day or so. We sure do miss her.
3. Our car is sailing over the ocean as we speak. We shipped it over 3 weeks ago but it's not here. :( We did buy a 2nd car for a good price once we got here. However, one car isn't enough to get us all around, so we're still shelling out the dough for a rental car. Double :(
4. Our stuff is sailing over the ocean right now, too. Including our express shipment which doesn't really seem so EXPRESS right now. I can't even begin to tell you how much I want all my stuff. My comfy bed, my comfy couch, my comfy pillows...oh come on ship! Sail faster!
5. I GOT A JOB!!! Yeah!!!!!! I'll be doing Resource for K-1. I don't know very many details about the job, but I'll know more tomorrow. I officially start next Monday, but tomorrow I'll go in to observe and meet some people. So more details to follow. I will say that if you're special ed and thinking about moving to Hawaii........there are job openings!!! WOW! I got a TON of calls for interviews after I already accepted this position. If you're looking for a job, make sure you check out my post about Teacher Interview Questions.
This weekend we went up to the North Shore, because there were 20 foot waves. So freaking cool! Here's a few pics. Disclaimer - these are random surfers. I have no idea who they are!
I love this pic of my kids. It looks like they're running from the big waves.
As for my one little word....I chose time. Time is something I need to work on. I need to make better use of my time at home and at work. I want to spend more quality time with my family. I need to make time to take care of myself. 2012 was a super stressful year for me. I want the time in 2013 to be better spent and more enjoyable.