menu   Home About Me Contact Me  

Aloha!

Aloha, everyone!  This is my first post from beautiful Hawaii!  Wednesday was a looooonnnggg day, but we all made it here.  We got up at 4am (EST), so we could head to the Atlanta airport and get on our way.

Luckily, our kids had this early delivery from the North Pole before we left. Yes, I know it's crooked but the internet is crazy slow here.  So I'm leaving it as is.


Santa was kind enough to bring them their own Ninetendo DS in hopes that it would help keep the adults sane during all this moving.  


It sure did help keep them busy at the airport.  I was also smart enough to pack a power strip so that we could keep everything plugged in!  We needed to save that battery for the long plane trip!



The kids actually did pretty good on the 10 hour plane ride from Atlanta to Honolulu.  The great movie selection kept them very occupied!  Can you believe none of them slept on the plane?


When we landed in Honolulu, it was 3:50 p.m.  However, back in Atlanta, it was 8:50 p.m.  We had to get our luggage, get picked up by our ride, drive through traffic, get checked into our temporary lodging on the Marine Corps base, pick up our rental car, and run to the store for a few groceries to get us through the next day.

 Needless to say, by the end of the night (Hawaiian time), my kids looked more like this.



Poor Brody (the one crying) even said, "I don't want to move to Hawaii anymore."  Luckily, he changed his mind this morning.  How could he not when we look out the back door and see this.


Everything is soooo green!  We haven't been able to do much yet, but I'm ready to explore this weekend.  My husband has been busy checking into his new command.  I'm trying to keep the kids occupied in temporary lodging and finishing up a new penguin unit (coming soon!).  

We're in a state of limbo right now, but I know it will all come together.  I have an interview with the Department of Education scheduled for next Monday.  I'm excited to get this first step in finding a job done!

12 comments:

  1. WOW! Good luck to you and your family! What an amazing adventure.

    Young Daze in 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it safely! It's a BIG move but you're going to love it! Good luck on Monday, too!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best of luck finding a new job. I love Hawaii. My husband and I went on a 2 week vacation there a couple of summers ago. It is absolutely gorgeous. My husband wants to move there when we retire. What an amazing adventure.

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out!
    ஐRikki

    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big change! Good luck on your interview!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to your family with this big move!!
    susanlulu@yahoo.com
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the well wishes! We drove around some today and made it to the beach. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there! I'm a former Army brat so I totally understand the stresses of moving. My grandparents lived on Oahu for a time and we visited for Christmas during our station time at California. Fun times spending Christmas Day on the beach!
    Shibahn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shibahn - I'm thinking that we'll be making a beach trip this upcoming Christmas!!!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on your move! I teach in Lanai and moved here this summer with my husband and two kids. Best decision ever! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures!
    Nicole
    www.teaching-with-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole - So glad to hear that you're enjoying Hawaii. I can't wait till we have the opportunity to visit the other islands. If you ever come to Oahu to visit, we'll have to plan a blogger meet up with Corinna!

      Angelia

      Delete
  9. Oh great, I remember seeing your post when I am a uni student. My student life was a significant part of my life. When my classmates and I wrote our dissertation, Alina got a post from Alina's father. My sweet daughter hopes you are well. I want to give you an idea. When you write your dissertation, get dissertation help from dissertation writers Uk-based and get high marks in your dissertation.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin