menu   Home About Me Contact Me  

Flooding and blends.....Oh My!

Many of you may have watched the news coming from the part of FL where I live.  We have had an INSANE amount of rain fall in the last 2 days.  It was crazy.  The flooding has been unreal here.  Luckily, we have several retention ponds in my neighborhood that kept us from being flooded.  The one directly across the street from us was filled to the brim (and the one 2 houses down, too) but we're fortunate that they didn't overflow.  Otherwise, we might have been swimming!

Here's some pictures of the flooding that my town has seen:


This is a neighborhood where some of the teachers I work with live.


This Burger King is a few miles from my house.

This is the retention pond 2 houses down from us.  I don't know why the county didn't move backhoe out before the rains started.  They've been trying to pump the pond dry for 2 days now!

So since I've been stuck in the house for 2 days with a whole bunch of kids and the dog....I've been trying to keep myself busy and from going insane.  I've added a bunch of games that I created the last 2 days.  I've been wanting to make some blends games for awhile.  I'm happy that I was able to get them done! Click on the pictures to check them out!




I also added a new sight word game that your boys will love!


I've revised this game that was one of the first ones I made.  This game is perfect if you have students who struggle reading words like cap and cape or shin and shine.  If you've already purchased the game, feel free to redownload.  


And I revised this FREE sight word game.


Don't forget to enter the Luna Project Giveaway by clicking {here}.

Now if everyone can keep your fingers crossed that sunny skies show up soon......otherwise I'm going to go stir crazy and my kids are going to drive insane!  We need the beach and outside!



7 comments:

  1. Oh my word!!! That rain is crazy!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy rain! So glad you didn't get flooded. Looks like you've kept busy!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, where in FL are you? I live here in FL too & we haven't seen anything like you are receiving. Sending my thoughts & prayers to you & your community!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY MOLY! You weren't kidding about your flooding being unreal! Sending my thoughts and prayers your way!


    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my flooding!! I too live in FL. but we have barely received any rain. I am glad your okay.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! That happened near me a few years ago - it was scary! Glad you are okay, sending sunshine your way!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so scary!! I probably shouldn't admit this... but I had no idea that kind of flooding was happening. (and I live in Florida) The rain has been awful. It always rains a lot in the summer, but these have been terrible storms!! It's actually raining right now, haha figures. Anyways... I just found your blog and I'm glad I did! I love finding new Florida blogging friends :)

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin